One of my biggest regrets in life are all of the years I spent thinking I didn’t like blueberries. For years I would avoid them and pick them out of anything they were in. It’s a tragedy to think of all the years I could have been eating these better than a bakery blueberry muffins. I would know, considering I run one, and you can find out more about that here .
These are a game changer.
They have a perfect balance of being sweet, but not so sweet that they are really just a cupcake. They are filled with giant bursts of roasted blueberries, and topped with crunchy crystal sugar and rolled oats (optional). Everyone who eats one says that they are the best blueberry muffins that they have ever tasted. You will be absolutely obsessed with them.
What Makes them So amazing?
Honestly, the amazing thing about these is that they are a perfect balance of such simple ingredients. There is nothing inherently “special” inside of them. No top secret, expensive ingredients. Just a blend of simple things done incredibly well.
Let’s Break it down.
- Cake Flour- Gets airier and rises higher than All Purpose flour.
- Granulated Sugar- Provides our sweetness.
- Baking Powder- Gives these blueberry muffins incredible rise and domed tops.
- Salt- Keeps our batter moist and enhances the natural flavors.
- Oil- Our moisture and fat aspect. Keeps these muffins light and fluffy.
- Eggs- A binder, and also provides rise and fat.
- Buttermilk- A must in almost all of my recipes. Gives a tad of vinegar and acid which keeps our crumbs soft and delicate.
- Vanilla Extract- Provides depth of flavor.
- Vinegar- extra moisture and delicacy.
- Almond Extract- Optional, but recommended for a distinct flavor.
So there you have it.
Just simple, clean, balanced ingredients that are guaranteed to please any palette. Give these better than a bakery blueberry muffins a try, and when you do, remember. Never let what someone else brings to the table be the only thing you have to eat.
Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- ½ TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry, and then fold in the blueberries. Save a little to sprinkle on top if desired.
- Sprinkle the top with course sugar if desired.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin liners and baker at 375° for 5 minutes, and then lower the oven temperature to 350° for 20 more minutes, until the muffins are golden brown.