Can I tell you a secret? Okay, It’s not really a secret. I love chocolate peanut butter brownies. I’ve made (and eaten) a lot of desserts in my life. I worked in fine dining for years at one of the nicest City Clubs in Chicago. We hosted weddings, banquets, and had many restaurants on site. I worked under extremely talented chefs who often sourced beautiful, expensive, and exotic ingredients to compose their plated desserts. The dishes we created were all amazing. But brownies will always be my favorite.
Can I tell you another secret? This last summer, I opened a new bakery in Chicago. Which means tasting, and re-tasting food all day. Every Day. We were open for about three months when I realized that I was no longer tasting, I was eating. A lot. I felt addicted to sugar. I was shoving cookies and cupcakes in my mouth with no self control. And to curve that craving, came these chocolate peanut butter brownies.
So I did something crazy.
I QUIT SUGAR
But I could never give up being a chef. And that’s where these brownies come in. These chocolate peanut butter brownies are thick, rich, and so satisfying. And maybe even a little “healthy”. When I want them sugar free I make them with Allulose, it’s a natural sugar alternative that tastes almost like the real thing when you bake with it. It’s zero calories, and has zero affect on your blood sugar. You would NEVER guess that these chocolate peanut butter brownies are made with any substitutes to flour and sugar.
If you prefer to use normal sugar, you can do that too! But, I highly suggest keeping the almond flour vs. swapping in white flour. The almond really adds to the taste of the chocolate peanut butter brownie!
I hope you guys try this recipe and love it as much as I do! And remember, friends. Never let what someone else brings to the table be the only thing you have to eat.
Keto Chocolate Peanut butter Brownies
- 8 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 200 Grams Allulose
- 80 Grams Cocoa Powder Dutch process preferred
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- 70 g Almond Flour
- 160 Grams Peanut butter No sugar added
- 1 Tbsp Flakey sea salt optional garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°, and line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the butter, Allulose,chocolate, and cocoa powder in short burst in the microwave until the chocolate and allulose are fully melted.
- Add egg one at a time, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Whisk in the almond flour until the mixture is smooth. It will be very thick.
- Add your brownie batter to the prepared pan, and the spoon the peanut butter on top, swirl it in with a knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set. Sprinkle with sea salt, and enjoy!